by Alice Dallow
- Requited love is an impossibility.
- We love what we can't have, and we can't have what we love.
- Eroticizing their possessions will be the pinnacle of your sexual fulfillment.
- Anything that distracts you from the pain of your loss is good. Some people are more successful in this regard than others.
- Hook up with someone. Live with them. Sleep with them. Tag along. Don't be fooled. You are only a transitory distraction. Ask for commitment. Declare your love. Watch the set up evaporate.
- The most potent way to exist is to occupy someone else's imagination.
- Desire is kept eternally alive by the impossibility of contact.
- Modern communication enabling technologies will only heighten your sense of desolation by making you more keenly aware of the fact that no one is trying to call.
- You will fall in love only once. Obstacles will prevail. The rest of your life is spent recovering.
I find such open cynicism fascinating. Sometimes, people want so much to feel such that hurt becomes a viable option. It is often the easier way out anyway in terms of a mish mash of resignation and chance. Heartbreak can be a selfish yet fair longing for the ones who have forgotten what it means to be remembered.
What does Kodak have in common with condoms? They both capture the moment.
Jon McLoughlin - So Close