Wednesday 3 March 2010

Those Were The Days, My Friend

I visited my locker to retrieve my evolutionary psychology textbook when I decided to take a good look at why my locker's so crammed, when I made a milestone decision: I took my TravelScrabble, my mini foosball set and my deck of cards out and brought them home.

Partly to clear up space, partly because I don't need them anymore, but all because school isn't the same as it was when I was a freshman.

Long gone are the days when hanging out in school and staying long hours around campus and in GSRs were commonplace and expected. I kept so many things in my locker in anticipation of late nights and even stayovers - disposable toiletries, travel contact lens solution bottles, a denim jacket (in case there were impromptu clubbing sessions), two windbreakers and a sleeping bag. As well as those games that I've taken home.

Year one came and went in that proverbial blink of an eye.

No comments: