Sunday 27 May 2007

The Bric Brac d'Art site is up and running! www.bricbracdart.zom.sg check it. I've had no shortage of people wondering why it's '.zom.sg' and not '.com.sg', so I'm gonna attempt to explain it in as layman a manner as possible catered for best understanding but not necessarily in the most accurate of methods.

bricbrac.zom.sg is a secondary domain. It is like registering an account under the domain www.zom.sg and the address becomes blah.zom.sg and likewise, when you have an account under www.blogspot.com, your address becomes blah.blogspot.com. But well 3 cheers for being unique. 'com' is getting boring anyway.

Spent the most of the last 2 weeks working on the BBDA site, which has made me realise (or perhaps not so much of a realisation as compared to having made myself see more clearly) that this personal website of mine is quite a mess that has come all the way since my young webmaster days 7-odd years ago (yes, this site is more or less the same thing, just better evolved) and it is a compendium of messiness that has been identified and swept under the rug over and over again, more often than not inadequately dealt with. I've got alotta things I'm thinking this site can be cleaned up for now but it's just too herculean a task to bother about at this point of time, but I will attempt to make small chips at the big block of mess and see what comes along.

My dad had a fall last night which could jeopardise his China trip with my mom and brother. It wasn't a particularly horrific fall, but it was bad enough for ageing bones and he's got spinal nerve problems. That small jerk had a domino effect of repercussions that affected his neck and his hands and feet totally lost sensation for a good 5 minutes.

I ended up missing Legs and Paddles today which Kee and I signed up for cos I had to stay home.

His unemployment at the same time as mine has somewhat brought us a little closer together and we hadn't gotten on each others' nerves for quite a bit. I'm thankful for that.

I've been reading a book titled Shortcut to a Miracle. I must admit I'm slightly biased for it because it both reaffirms and expands on my view about the power of our consciousness, but the findings reported are quite revelatory. I'll write about it sometime soon.

Been travelling down to SMU to tap on their free electricity and wireless internet and work on my assignments. Magazine crunchtime just ended, which was pretty mad for a bit. Worked on a drawing for Winnie, Derek's friend, and her request proved to be quite an exasperating challenge. But that's $25 in the bag.

And yesterday I went for Jeremy's youth carnival to play for his 'SMU' street soccer team. Funny team, funny set ups, funny rules and circumstances, resulting in 1 win (6-2) and 2 losses (6-1 and 5-1) for the qualifiers. Crappy stuff. Won the juggling competition though which got me some male sport deodorant and shower bath thingie, which I guess can be always counted on as my personal trump card.

Friday marked the 3rd year Kee and I have been together. :]




A: Stop being such a pussy.
B: Yeah, well, you are what you eat.

Today's Listenables:
The Donnas - Everyone Is Wrong

No comments: