Saturday 21 March 2009

Let The Good Times Roll

It's been over two weeks since the last update and quite a bit has happened. Socscistan: The Little Republic had a pre-launch on saturday during the SMU Openhouse at the social sciences booth, and was later officially launched the following monday. It now sits snug at the SOSS lift waiting to be picked up by potential readers. I think at 5000 copies and a 428 population in the social sciences faculty we might have overproduced a little...

Angie and I caught the ballet rendition of Cinderella by the Singapore Dance Theatre which proved to be extremely impressive and entertaining. The choreography was original, creative and witty. This should pave the way for more performances for us, considering that ticket prices can actually be quite attractive for students.

Prawning has been a new obsession recently. There is something quite therapeutic and obsessively engaging about catching your own stash and then barbecuing it to eat. I guess it really works when the rewards are so tangible. I think we're on our way past pretending to be pro and actually notching a decent amount of catch.

In truth, the past 2 weeks have been pretty hectic actually. But I'm starting to just focus only on the upcoming summer holidays, although I suppose I'll be quite busy with internship. I had an interview with Pearson Education South Asia Ltd on wednesday and it seemed really positive, so employment may be quite safely in the bag. The location leaves plenty of room to be desired though, with it being situated at First Lok Yang Road which is like a 20min bus ride away from Boon Lay interchange.

I've got a street soccer tournament up tomorrow and I'm dead tired. Wish me luck. :]




99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Audio Candy:
Fall Out Boy Feat. John Mayer - Beat It

No comments: